PCDN has funding from external sources to help seven new groups start their own coops. This helps them to pay for things such as:
- Working with our Consultants to develop their business plan. This business plan will set out who works in the business, what it is that the business will sell or produce, the marketing and sales ideas and financial forecasts. This helps to set out the group’s key goals and to spot any potential problems with their idea.
- Paying the registration and legal costs of setting up a cooperative.
- Setting up bookkeeping systems.
To access the money there are some essential things you need to think about.
We can only support people if you are:
- Currently living or working in Preston or the surrounding area.
- Have at least 3 or more people in your group who are interested in forming a coop.
- Have some cooperative business idea that you want to explore with us.
- Are interested in learning new skills.
If your group is interested in forming a coop and would like to talk to us about this, please complete our brief initial funding form and email to us through email@example.com